At Trex Company, Inc., we have the privilege and responsibility of protecting the environment for future generations by primarily utilizing recycled and reclaimed raw materials, and using the most earth-friendly manufacturing processes in the country, reclaiming factory waste, and eliminating the use of harmful chemicals. Our low carbon manufacturing process reduces our exposure to potential costs and risks linked to carbon pricing or regulatory caps, while providing a low carbon opportunity that helps protect the environment. The Trex Company Board of Directors, management and employees are committed to conducting our business in an ethical and socially responsible manner with complete respect for the environment.
The foundation of our commitment is:
- The use of recycled and reclaimed raw materials in our manufacturing process, which is in itself a waste management program, and the recycling of packaging materials.
- The prevention of pollution by maintaining environmental management as a core value.
- Leadership for environmental performance through management example, employee involvement and employee empowerment.
- Developing and utilizing environmentally-acceptable, safe, and efficient production methods.
- Identifying and complying with all legal and statutory environmental requirements.
- The re-use of our internally-produced waste in the manufacturing process.
- Continuous improvement by analyzing and reacting to key performance indicators.
- Management of energy consumption and operational efficiency enhancements, such as EnerNoc load sharing participation, motion sensors on warehouse lights, the use of LED and other energy saving lights, and variable speed equipment.
We communicate our Environmental Policy to all employees, contractors and suppliers to ensure they are aware of our commitment to the environment.